Monday, July 23, 2012

Elliot's Quilt

This is the quilt I made for my youngest son Elliot.  It is a row by row.  This is the first time I have tried this type of quilt.  I went fabric shopping (fun fun) and grabbed all the "boyish" fabric I could find.  Then I had to buy a big tub.  In my quilt group we exchanged tubs.  My row by row theme was Elliot.  They could create any row with my fabric that fitted my theme.  Each of these rows was made by a different friend in my quilt group. It was fun exchanging and then having to wait a month to see what the ladies came up with.  The backing is once again flannel.  Grey flannel to match the sashing on the front. I actually ended up with 8 rows, but it sure ended up being a busy quilt.  I have the other 4 rows still stashed for the next twin boys quilt I make.  Being the youngest and having to wait the longest for the completed quilt was pure torture on him.  He practically started sewing it himself.  Maybe another future quilter?  A mom can only hope :D

No comments:

Post a Comment