Monday, July 23, 2012

Olivia's Quilt

This is a quilt I made for my youngest daughter Olivia.  It's bright, fun and girly.  We picked out the fabric together a couple of years ago just waiting for the perfect pattern to cross our paths.  We were soooo excited when we found this pattern with the ladies from my quilt group.  I think we may have a future quilter on our hands.  The backing is also flannel to keep her warn and snuggle.  It's perfect for her.  She carts it everywhere.  I'm so glad she loves it.  It makes all the hours of sewing worth while just to see her with it.  We've also made a matching pillow case.  The inner boarder is called a braided boarder and probable took the longest of everything to complete.  it was my first time making this kind of boarder.  I looks great and helps the center blocks stand out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment