Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tiffany's Baby Gift

Tiffany is my youngest sister.  She is expecting her first baby this month.  YEAH!  For her baby show at the end of March I went all out.  I made her a baby sling from the web site www.slingmemommy.com  and a diaper bag from the market bag collection as well as a quilt.  The quilt is a crib size quilt and paper pieced.  I like paper piecing because of the crisp lines and points on the corners.  But to me it takes twice as long.  It might be just me, but it seems almost as if the piecing process is completely backwards.  I actually have to think!  ouch. 

Tiffany and I had a fun sister morning.  We got together half way early and meet at Jo-Ann fabrics bright and early.  I did let her help me select the fabric.  Tiffany did not want to know what she is having, and wanted more modern nursery colors for this choice.  She wanted to get away from the yellows and mint greens.  So she went with her two favorite colors....green and brown.  These are not colors that I would have chosen, but I wanted Tiffany to truly loved the quilt. 




She saw the fabric when we purchased it.... I texted her pictures of the diaper bag when it was complete.  I also texted her a picture of the sling (with my oldest modeling it...yikes!)  But the quilt was a total surprise.  I finished it with about 5 mins to spare before the shower.  Olivia and I waited with anticipation for her to open the gift.  Tiffany's face was priceless.  She did what I was hoping should would do....she absolutely loves her baby quilt.  What can be better than that?  All of the finger pricking and seem ripping...totally worth it. 

1 comment: